Go Team, Go!
Ready to cheer on your NFL team to the next level this weekend? Do you need something fun, easy, and tasty to bring to your tailgate party? Heck, yah! We’re going get our team spirit on with a creative Spirit Cheesecake.
Before you spread the cheesecake filling into the pie crust we are going to color it your team colors. Yes, it’s pretty obvious what team I am rooting for, #GoHawks!
From start to finish you can make this pie in under 30 minutes, toss it in the fridge to set for about 3 hours, and you’re ready for the game. The lemon mixed with filling gives it that “cheesecake” flavor and it is lighter and fluffier than it’s baked counterpart, so you won’t get that heavy feeling when you need to yell and scream in jubilation for your team!
For my pie I made two colors, making sure to keep one-third of the filling white (no color), otherwise you will have a muddy mess and it will not look appetizing at all. Plop large spoonfuls of filling into crust alternating white with each colored filling, this is best done in two layers.
Run a knife zig-zag one way through the pie, and then opposite direction zig-zag.
Just barely smooth out the top, unless you like the way it looks. DON’T OVER DO THIS PART, you cannot undo it!
Add the whipped cream for garnish, team colored sprinkles, and you now have your team spirit on full display!
Save the last slice for yourself!
- 2 8-ounce packages cream cheese
- 1/2 can sweetened condensed milk (about 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Food coloring for sports team you are making (i.e. Seahawk's, green, yellow, blue - to make Seahawk green you need yellow with the green)
- 1 prepared graham cracker crust
- 1 cup whipping cream (about 2 cups whipped)
- 2 tablespoons powder sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In an electric mixer at high speed, beat whipping cream in mixer with powdered sugar and vanilla until stiff peaks form, place in refrigerator until ready to use.
- In an electric mixer at medium-high speed, beat the cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk, powder sugar, lemon juice and vanilla about 3 to 5 minutes. It should be creamy and smooth.
- If you are making two colors, make sure and keep a third of the filling white (no color), otherwise you will have a muddy mess and it will not look appetizing at all.
- Plop large spoonfuls of filling into crust alternating white with each colored filling, this will most likely be done in two layers.
- Run a knife zig-zag one way through the pie, and then opposite direction zig-zag and just barely smooth out the top, unless you like the way it looks. DON'T OVER DO THIS PART, you cannot undo it!
- Refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours, garnish with whipped whipping cream, and coordinating colored sprinkles.
- Serve while you are cheering your team on to VICTORY!